Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Towel Repair


With the cost of things so high, I decided to repair
some of my  bath towels...they really aren't that old,
they just got torn up really fast. These are not  cheap towels.

Here the towel got so ragged on the end, I decided
to tear off part, to even up the edge.
 
Cut a piece as long as needed plus 3 inches and 5 inches wide.
Fold in half long ways.
 
Allow about 1 to 1.5 inch over for folding.
Pin to edge to be repaired.


When it is sewn down, you can see where I folded it
over "backwards" on the end.

Sew to the edge about 5/8 in seam. See where the end is folded
over, this will help the finished edge fold in neatly.

See where it's tucked in.
 
Now sewn down, and backstitch.

This shows how I folded it in half long ways.
 
Finished edge.  This is sure to last for a long time.
 
Finished Towel Repair.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment